By: NIKKI FOGDEN
More stress, less time, more responsibility, less support? How do we get back to living a life we love without giving one thing up for another? As a business owner, leader or anyone in corporate knows – the best results come with a clear strategy and the courage to make a plan that’s relevant, realistic and result driven. So why are so many people stressed and not running their body like their business?
In 2015 it was quoted 64% of people were stressed. Overwhelmed, exhausted, stuck in a rut, wading through mud and emotionally burnt out. No spark, no mojo, just monotony. According to the Huffington Post 8 In 10 Americans Are Stressed About Their Jobs. Overall statistics show lower levels of personal wellbeing andworkplace wellbeing, higher levels of stress, depression and increased anxiety symptoms than ever before.
What if there was a very simple way to change that pattern of highs and lows, peaks and troughs and feeling over-worked once and for all. What if you could learn to blend your business AND your personal vitality on a weekly (even daily) basis, without turning your life upside down? More importantly, do this for yourself and lead your teams by example for lasting results. Here are 7 steps you can action right now to get back into control, feel in balance and create sustainable energy levels for work and play:
- Plan a winning week with all areas of life: It’s time to recognise your week as a whole and not try to fit everything else around work. Friends, family, health/fitness, time out -they all need to be factored in and lodged in your agenda like work appointments. I call these the 6 pillars of Vitality.
- Choose healthy fresh food – all the time. Fresh is best. Opt into accountability for great fuel for your day. Fresh salads rather than rich creamy dressings, make conscious choices for food that will recharge rather than empty calories. Don’t skip meals and go for the fresh ingredients on a menu when out for work.
- Focus on fresh air as your mission rather than the “gym” or workouts and classes you know you won’t make with your ever changing schedule. Take walk and talks for updates with your team, even if it’s round the office. Most of all MOVE. Get out of that chair and stand up. it’s never too late to get to be the healthiest version of yourself no matter what your title, position or age. In fact it’s essential for clarity, decision making and sustainable success.
- Out with the old: Stories that is…Give yourself permission to write a new set of well-being and weekly schedule goals – what worked for you in your 20’s is probably not going to work now. Re organise your health and fitness choices and use of time based on your current life and responsibilities. Get smart and be proactive.
- Make exercise a part of your day – every day
- Get rid of digital devices from the bedroom – turn your sleep routine into a place of peace, calm and real rejuvenation
- The last but most important piece of advice I have for you ..is the 1% rule. If you want to bring your business and your personal vitality to life, take each element that has been eluding you – health, personal finance, family or friends and add 14.4minutes in your day dedicated to that. After 100 days you’ll be 100% better off. You can’t argue with the stats.
Give yourself permission to re-set, to re-evaluate and consider a new approach. Find support and advice from people who are truly experienced and understand the nature of striving in business. You don’t need to sacrifice one thing for another – you integrate healthy, wealthy and wise as one.
Source via Dynamic Business